Do You Have “The Next Food Network Star” Package?

21 Resources to Make Sure that You Have “The Next Food Network Star” Package:

{Some are mine, some are not. Some are free, some are not. Some are affiliate links, some are not.}

1. A Creative Approach to Business Planning

2. Mini Marketing Makeover: FREE Ecourse for Creative Entrepreneurs

3. End Your Website Shame

4. The Spark Kit

5. 10 Resources for Taking Better Product Photos

6. Make It Work: An Etsy Success Photography Workshop

7. The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Marketing

8. ARTrepreneur: The Art of Turning Creative Dreams Into Reality

9. Abby Kerr Talks About Creating an Addictive Brand Identity

10. From Inny Mini Biz to Mega Empire

11. How to Write Product Descriptions That Sell

12. From Passion to Profit

13. The Ultimate Guide to Twitter Marketing

14. 4 Days of Free Biz Planning Resources

15. 3 Tips for Finding Free Fonts on Dafont.com and 5 More Font-Finding Tips, Using MyFonts.com

16. 10 Critical Factors That’ll Make Your Blog a Success or a Hot Mess

17. Life is Messy Planners

18. How to Overcome Procrastination

19. How to Write Product Listings with Personality

20. Art + Money

21. The Declaration of You

14 Responses to Do You Have “The Next Food Network Star” Package?

1. Marie Noelle June 13, 2011 at 9:37 am #

That’s a great list ! I knew most of them but you made me discover some new great resources! Thank you so much!! I guess I should start reading them now!!!
    Marie Noelle recently posted..Are you wasting your time on social network

• April June 13, 2011 at 9:39 am #

I’m glad I gave you some new resources to look into :) Enjoy!

2. April Starr June 13, 2011 at 9:59 am #

My husband and I loooove Food Network too! We were watching the Next Food Network Star last night and when the girl got kicked off because she had tooooo many points of view, it really hit me because that is SO my problem too, I try to do so many different things. Its always interesting to see how things work in different fields and apply it to your creative biz. Thanks for this video and these resources!
    April Starr recently posted..A new vintage find – what I wore today

• April June 13, 2011 at 10:03 am #

Oh my gosh, April–you’re in my brain. My post on Wednesday is all about this topic, so make sure you come back. I’m asking the interesting question, “How much can you do and still be an expert?” And some others like, “Do you have to pick one intense niche and stick with it?” and “What about people like Ben Franklin who had TONS of interests and was incredibly successful?”

This is something that I’ve been struggling with–well, ever since I can remember–so I know what you mean. But, I don’t necessarily think it has to be a problem if you make it a strength.

• Danielle June 13, 2011 at 10:28 am #

Ohh thats interesting. I cant wait to read wednesdays post!

I like this list, im bookmarking, thanks april!
        Danielle recently posted..How Apples to Apples Can Help Your Etsy Shop

• April June 13, 2011 at 10:33 am #

Yay–glad it’s helpful.

• April Starr June 13, 2011 at 10:47 am #

Yeah, its interesting, trying to figure out how to play that as a strength rather than feeling too scattered. Some of my favorite historical figures are definitely people like Leonardo Da Vinci who were amazing at SOOO many different things. And some of the creative businesses I really love are definitely small business “empires” with different areas of expertise within them! Can’t wait to see your post!
        April Starr recently posted..A new vintage find – what I wore today

3. Erika June 13, 2011 at 10:16 am #

I do enjoy Copyblogger!

April and April–I have heard the whole “jack of all trades and master of none.” I know there are things that I am better at and I spend more time on them but that does not stop me from trying new things. And I am always fascinated by those that are successful and seem to fly against the grain and what is generally excepted as “truth”.
    Erika recently posted..Unleash Your Inner Artist without Reservation

• April June 13, 2011 at 10:20 am #

I think the “jack of all trades and master of none” has been something that my parents passed down to me. You do one thing really well and you never have to worry about financial stability. Well, we all know that isn’t true, especially now. It’s a topic that I’ve been exploring A LOT during the past few months and I’m excited to share my thoughts on Wednesday.

4. Mayi Carles June 13, 2011 at 11:34 am #

I LOVEEEEEEEEE the Food Network. Is the only channel David + I can agree upon +hehehehehe so it has become our bible. My favorite is Cupcake Wars + Who Wants to be the Next TV Food Network Star. Lot’s a hidden life lessons in both + you nailed it today.

I’ve been thinking about this “being an expert thing” + I always come back to building my personal brand + being the best Mayi Carles I can be while still embracing my life in progress. Because then I’m afraid I will feel like I’m on a creative diet + I’ll want to binge on thing I don’t really care for just for my “illusion limitations” know what I mean?

And you look SOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY with my Raspberry Triometric Headband OMG!!!!!!!!!!

5. jessica swift June 13, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

Thanks for including The Declaration of You in this AWESOME list, April!!

6. Erin Giles June 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm #

Yay! I am so bookmarking this April, thanks:)!
    Erin Giles recently posted..A Look at my Creative Process &amp What Makes it Worth It

7. Zoe | A Quick Study June 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm #

Looove this list – so many great reads – a few I hadn’t had time to look at yet, so thanks for the reminder and kick in the pants. Thanks for including a couple of my posts in there as well!
    Zoe | A Quick Study recently posted..The Color Series- Examples of Color From Actual Websites

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. http://blog.vista.tw/archives/2007/04/20/558 - March 14, 2012

very nice post…

I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post….