Behind-the-Scenes: Prep for My creativeLIVE Workshop

My creativeLIVE workshop begins in 17 days. Eek!

(If you’re a crafter or artist and live in the San Francisco area, you still have a bit of time to apply to be in the studio audience which is absolutely FREE.)

I’m working on this course day and night. I couldn’t fall asleep last night until 4am, because my brain was buzzing with ideas, changes I want to make, and of course, potential outfits cause a girl has gotta look cute.

Here are some behind-the-scenes shots.

I set up a photo shoot for one of my slides, and I’m having trouble picking which one I like best.

(I’m thinking #3–which one is your favorite blueberry shot?)

Blueberries - Food Photography on Blacksburg Belle

Blueberries - Food Photography on Blacksburg Belle

Blueberries - Food Photography on Blacksburg Belle

Blueberries - Food Photography on Blacksburg Belle

I toyed with a messy bun hairstyle for one of the three days:

(I think I’m going to try a side bun, so you can see a bit of it from the front. Maybe even throw a braid in there? I’ve got tons of inspiration pinned here if you wanna check it out.)

Messy Bun - April Bowles-Olin on Blacksburg Belle

Messy Bun - April Bowles-Olin on Blacksburg Belle

Messy Bun - April Bowles-Olin on Blacksburg Belle

And, here I am blowing off a little steam. I love mixing prints and red flats.

Mixing Patterns - Blacksburg Belle

If you want to learn how to improve your blog and have so much more fun with blogging, I hope you watch the workshop online. It’s FREE if you watch it live. RSVP right here.

12 Responses to Behind-the-Scenes: Prep for My creativeLIVE Workshop

1. Nathifa April 14, 2014 at 9:27 pm #

Love the outfit and I really like # 2 and 3.
    Nathifa recently posted..the secret to being happy + an awesome workshop!

• April April 14, 2014 at 9:36 pm #

Thanks Nathifa! :)

2. Sage Grayson April 15, 2014 at 12:05 am #

Hee hee! Glad you’re having fun. I’m so looking forward to the workshop. And I love your red flats! I have a ton of flats in every color.
    Sage Grayson recently posted..What to do When No One Likes the New You

• April April 17, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

I love my flats. I started a collection when I worked in NYC, because I did a ton of walking and standing. And, I still put them to good use. So comfy yet cute.

3. monica April 15, 2014 at 10:14 am #

I, too, like pic #3! how exciting! I wish i could be there in the audience!!
    monica recently posted..Miami Beach through my lens: March 2014

• April April 17, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

Thanks for the feedback, Monica! I wish you could, too! :)

4. Lisa April 15, 2014 at 7:54 pm #

I don’t dislike #3 but #2 and #4 are my favorites. The red shoes are excellent! And I can’t wait to see them when you I join you from home. :)

Congratulations, this is really exciting and such an amazing step; I know you’re totally going to rock this.

• April April 17, 2014 at 1:43 pm #

Thanks, Lisa! I’m so excited that you’ll be “joining” me!

I’m preparing like crazy, because I want this workshop to be incredibly helpful to everyone who gives me their time! Thanks for your support and kind words!

5. Lauren April 16, 2014 at 3:46 pm #

I actually lOVE the 2nd and 4th blueberry pictures :). And I wish my bun looked more like yours :( lol

• April April 17, 2014 at 1:43 pm #

Thanks, Lauren!

My best hair tip: experiment. I play with different hairstyles all the time and the more I do it, the better I get. :)

6. chantal April 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm #

I LOVE the third blueberry picture…its deff the best and the bun is so cute, but I agree a side bun would be awesome!! I cant wait for your show!! PS Id love to do a feature post of you and your blog on mine next month, please email me when you have a chance so we can chat, if your interested!!! Love your blog!! xoxo CoCo
    chantal recently posted..Morning Coffee Break: Sallie Mae, Not.

7. Rebecca Nash May 2, 2014 at 7:30 am #

I’m a little late on the feedback here but I’ve only just connected because of your CreativeLive course (which I am loving so far and huge thanks for the massive workbook).
    Here are my thoughts:

1) I love all the blueberry photos and can’t wait to see which one you used
    2) I love the messy bun but how the heck do you find that balance between messy and polished? Mine are always either full on ballerina smooth and tight or looks like I slept with my hair like that messy.
    Rebecca Nash recently posted..Why Wedding Photography…An Impromptu look Behind the Lens