Instagram. The land of styled coffee shots, polka-dot midi skirts and inspirational hand lettering (Yes, Olivia…I mean you!).
To be successful on this platform you’ve got to build consistency with your photos to attract your ideal customer and then get her to your website or shop. The first part of the equation is your photography.
I’ve created a consistent Instagram account through:
- Methodically editing what I share. (That picture of your cat’s hairy tummy might not be what your ideal customer wants to see while she’s sipping her morning tea.)
- Knowing how I want my followers to feel when they see my photos.
- Posting photos with similar colors.
- Editing my photos in the same way.
- And, using the same props throughout my photos.
Today, we’re focusing on props.
If you haven’t already, you should start collecting props that you can use in your social media and blog photos that represent your brand.
To make things more fun, I’m sharing my favorite photo props in a cute download that I painted with watercolors.
And, here are my top 10 favorite places to buy props for my photos:
- Flea markets and yard sales
- Mongrel (and other gift shops)
- T.J. Maxx
- Kate Spade
- Any bakery
I hope this helps you to compile photo props that you can use to make your photos more consistent and more attractive to your ideal customer.