It’s quiz time!
1. Do you chew your bottom lip and start to pace when you realize that you need to double your prices to actually earn a big enough profit to make your business worth running? And do you feel a little light-headed when you realize that you’d have to double THAT price to get into wholesale?
2. Have you set up a blog and post on social media…maybe even created a product or two, but you still need a flagship product or program–THE product or program that you become known for?
3. Do you need to diversify your revenue streams so that you’re regularly making money even if one revenue stream dries up for a few months?
4. Do you feel like things are okay in your business but you’re missing that “one magic piece?” Something that the successful people know but you still need to uncover?
5. Do you get that nauseating, please-don’t-make-me-be-a-grownup feeling on Sunday evenings because you have to wake up the next morning and go to a job that sucks all the energy out of you (and makes you wonder if your boss is really a dementor in disguise)?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you passed (sort of)…keep reading!
I just finished racing around my house with my three hundred pound doggies running after me, barking the entire time.
I had to get some energy out before writing this email, because I’m so flipping excited.
Now, my dogs are passed out and snoring. They’re lazy labs.
I’m still ready to toss some confetti…blow on trumpets…and twirl around in a big skirt.
Today is the day that Mayi and I are sharing all the details of Operation World Domination with you.
And, as the frosting on top of that donut we’re also announcing our annual scholarship! Whoop whoop.
Here we go…
Mayi Carles and I have created a program called Operation World Domination and before you start making excuses about not having enough time or money, hear me out.
OWD was built with you in mind: the entrepreneur who would rather create than promote her business, who would love to make $20,000 or $80,000 from her next launch or $150,000 this year (not millions and millions), who doesn’t want to run a team of 28 people but would love an assistant and an accountant and wants to hire out certain projects like product photography or videography, and who wants to figure out how to apply marketing concepts to HER type of business.
The creative who has trouble focusing and jumps from project to project, and still doesn’t have a flagship or signature product or service, who wishes she could find her perfect accountability partner, and who needs an intensive mastermind to GET. IT. DONE.
You might still be thinking that you don’t have the money to invest in this kind of program.
First, that thought comes from a place of scarcity and if you’re running your business with that mindset, it’s no wonder that you aren’t making the kind of money you want to be making.
Second, I’ve got some great news for you.
Mayi and I are offering a scholarship to one entrepreneur and the friend of her choice.
If you win, you’ll get everything included inside of Operation World Domination: 8 weekly mastermind calls, an invite to a private Facebook clubhouse, 1 year memberships to both Life is Messy Bootcamp and Sunday Society, Behind the Scenes of Six B-School Launches and the coolest mug in the galaxy. (Read about all of this in more detail right here.)
Entries close on February 25th at 11pm EST, so make sure you do it now!
Don’t miss out on your chance to win a spot inside of Operation World Domination.
1. Download the image above.
2. Post the image above on the social media platform of your choice (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) with the caption:
I want to join #OperationWorldDomination with April and Mayi. Come join me at: www.joinOWD.com
You get major bonus points if you post it on multiple platforms (and those bonus points definitely make a difference when picking a winner).
3. In your caption or social media post, tag your friend and/or include the name of your friend that you want to go through Operation World Domination with, because it’s always better with a friend, right?
4. Tag us if applicable (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook). April is @blacksburgbelle and Mayi is @mayicarles
5. Comment below to let us know:
Where you posted the image and caption, the name of the friend that will also get a scholarship to Operation World Domination if you win, why you want to take Operation World Domination with that friend, and your favorite pizza topping…because pizza makes everything more fun.
***If you purchase Operation World Domination before the winner is announced (because you want to get time-sensitive bonuses or you know you want in and don’t want to wait!) and you win the scholarship, we’ll simply refund your payment. Good luck!
***If you’ve been through B-School, you’re still eligible for an OWD scholarship!
Each year when Marie opens the doors to B-School, I get questions about why I joined B-School when I did.
There is ONE thing that pushed me over the edge from “maybe” to “YES YES YES,” and that one thing was doing it with my business bestie, Mayi Carles.
We decided that we would do it together and keep each other accountable.
We chatted on Skype each week to share what we were working on and made sure that we each completed our homework. I bossed Mayi around and believe it or not, Mayi used her own powers of persuasion and didn’t buy into any of my excuses.
A reason B-School worked so well for both of us is because we actually did the work and it’s easier to do the work when you have a buddy who’s doing it with you.
Even though this scholarship doesn’t have anything to do with B-School (it’s for Operation World Domination!), Mayi and I decided to offer the scholarship to a creative AND her friend, because we want you to have a friend to bounce all of your a-ha moments and ideas off of to get instant feedback, to chat with after the live calls and to gather courage from before coming to a live call when you know you’re going to ask questions.
Plus, we’re a pair. We make each other (and each other’s businesses) better. And, we’re hoping your friend does the same for you.