A MASTERMIND FOR CREATORS & INNOVATORS
DO YOU FEEL LIKE THINGS ARE OKAY IN YOUR BUSINESS BUT YOU’RE MISSING THAT “ONE THING?”
The one thing that’s going to pull everything together so you can break away from living sale to sale or spending 87% of your time replying to other people's urgent emails, instead of doing what you do best: CREATE and INNOVATE.
You see Instagram accounts filled with workcations to Cape Town and Paris, everyone keeps bragging about their 7-figure launches, and YouTubers are getting invited to dance on Ellen.
I mean… if a man on the internet made it for sensually sprinkling salt on a perfectly deboned steak, so can you!
We believe in you!
OR MAYBE YOU’RE MISERABLE WITH NO IDEA WHERE TO START HOPING A BUSINESS FAIRY WILL DESCEND FROM THE HEAVENS AND FIX ALL YOUR PROBLEMS IN A BIBIDI BABIDI BOO.
Perhaps, you’ve built something but you still feel lost.
Perhaps, you’ve hit the ceiling in your business and you finally need to get yourself a team, but you have no idea who to hire first, where to find them or how to get them up and running. (And, you don’t want to say any of this out loud because you don’t know if you “have the budget” yet.)
Perhaps, you’re missing the passion and you’re afraid to admit that you don’t actually enjoy making jewelry eight hours a day, especially when you also have to blog about it, send emails about it and talk about it on 8 social media platforms.
Perhaps, you’re in love with your creative work, when you actually get to do your creative work. Lately, it seems that you too worried whether you should order a matcha green tea latte with coconut milk (what you really want) or a frappuccino with whipped cream and a caramel drizzle in the middle of frigid February for a prettier picture and more likes on Instagram.
It’s crazy how many of us leave sucky day jobs to run businesses we feel ‘meh’ about.
Instead of building a creative empire around the lives we want to live, we’ve let our businesses dictate how we live to the point of exhaustion and frustration.
But, it can be different. It should be different.
You could wake up each morning without an alarm clock because you actually want to brew a cup of herbal tea and get to work.
You could get to a place where you have to force yourself to stop working to take breaks to eat lunch and take your daily 45-minute walk. To a place where you kinda feel guilty, like you’re stealing cookies out of the jar, because you have so much fun every day.
You could be at brunch with your girlfriends and they’re all complaining about their lives and you’re nodding along but really you want to break out into a cheesy grin and sing Good to Be Alive by Andy Grammer. (Oh crap, they caught you smiling. You force a frown.)
You could be energized and exhausted (in that good, I’ve worked hard all day, kinda way) at the end of the day. You cook dinner with your love (read: watch him cook while you do tastings for quality control). You sip a glass of wine (or two) and then do things we can’t discuss here because we try to keep it PG.
You could be that mom (or cool auntie) that has time to do craft projects with the kids. And by “crafts” we mean baking sugar cookies with 6-inches of frosting, and eating the entire batch.
You could sleep soundly knowing you can pay your next electricity bill and afford organic strawberries (and cute shoes.)
You could actually love your business instead of wishing you did, while secretly comparing yourself to strangers on the internet who all seem to be having money pillow fights on their yachts.
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, BUT WHEN YOU DO IT RIGHT ONCE IS ENOUGH.
Creative work is not a selfish act. It’s a gift to the world and every being in it. If you don’t pursue your unique gifts, you not only hurt yourself. You hurt us. You hurt the planet. Everyone loses.
You’ve got one life. And this wonderful thing called the web. Like, seriously. You can start a business with less than $100. You can connect to millions of people all over the world, for free.
You could share your writing. You could teach online knitting courses. You could design patterns. You could leave your mark so everyone knows you were here.
STOP THiNKING ABOUT IT AND START BEING ABOUT IT.
If you’re done wondering and are ready to jump (with a parachute of course, that’s were we come in), keep reading.
If you’ve already taken the leap of faith and started a business, but somewhere along the ride stuff got in the way… everything became harder… it stopped being fun, keep reading.
If you’ve found what lights you (that thing you obsess about before you go to bed), but you’re still not making money from it, keep reading.
We’ve created something just for YOU.
INTRODUCING OPERATION WORLD DOMINATION:
A Mastermind for Creatives and Innovators
Pinky: Gee, Brain. What are we going to do tonight?
The Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world.
Chorus: They're Pinky, They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain!
"My B-School experience would have been very different if I hadn't joined through Mayi and April. The B-School FB group was great, but I found that anytime I wanted help or support during the course, my first stop was the the Operation World Domination FB group because it was a smaller, more intimate community, and I feel like I received more thoughtful and supportive advice from the ladies there."
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT’S INSIDE
WHAT MAKES OUR OFFER OUT OF THIS WORLD
- + We care enough to give you less. We got rid of all the fluff for you. All the extra crap you really don’t need and will likely never use. That’s called clutter, and clutter just takes up space in your hard drive. You don’t need more. You need better.
- + We’re giving you our most valued possession - us. A shoulder to lean on. A warm virtual hug when things get scary. A pep talk. A hand to drag you to the finish line if it comes down to it.
- + There are two of us. Know what that means? That’s right, double the fun and double the trouble. We bring out the best in each other, and we bring out the best in YOU. We will challenge you to step into your zone of genius and grow to your fullest potential.
- + We attract and bring together the most incredible people, who will soon become your virtual gang. Lasting friendships will unfold. Doors to collaborate will open. You might even meet your new business partner in crime.
- + That feeling of “holy crap what do I do now?” while taking over the world is gone. Ciao. Hasta la vista baby. We’re your family now. And when someone messes with family we break into a whole new level of crazy and become karma (and we make it look like an accident.)
We know you can’t possibly buy everything you see on the internet. But! If you’re planning on treating yo’ self and invest in your business acceleration this year, we promise you, this is it!
IF YOU JOIN OPERATION WORLD DOMINATION,
YOU’LL GET ACCESS TO ALL OF THE GOODIES BELOW
8 Weekly Mastermind Calls
We designed these weekly mastermind calls to help you find the missing pieces of your entrepreneurial puzzle. Sure you can stay in your pajamas the whole time if you want to.
By the end, you will have the confidence to take the next scary steps you've been putting off (like hiring your first team member or creating your signature course), knowing we’ve got your back.
The goal of these live meet-ups is to share with you all the lessons we’ve learned along the way (the good, the bad, and the messy messy) and give you the mic to ask us anything. We love doing these sessions so much that we don’t end them until every single question gets answered. We think this is pretty darn cool. No other program does that.
Be advised: Bring tissues to all our calls. You will spit your beverage on your computer screen from laughing so hard. We’re hilarious. You will crack open and shed tears. We make people feel again. It’s our specialty.
Each week we’ve picked a theme to guide your journey to the top of your metaphorical Mount Everest. Here’s a quick run down of the topics we’ll cover:
- + How we get it all done
- + How we take vacations and keep our businesses running
- + The importance of seasons
- + Dealing with procrastination before you end up binging Friends and devouring bag after bag of Skittles for days at a time
- + Why you need boundaries and how to develop them
- + Dealing with nightmare customer scenarios
- + How to deal with whatever YOUR stuff is--because we’ve all got stuff
- + How Mayi’s business changed after having her daughter
- + How Mayi balances motherhood and running her empire
- + How Mayi decided how much of Olivia she would incorporate into her business and share with the world
- + How to get your spouse on board with leaving your day job, investing in your business and working long hours
- + How April manages to run a monthly membership site, blog weekly and take on major speaking engagements with serious health issues
- + How April’s business has changed since getting sick
- + How and where to connect with other creatives online
- + How to make the most of courses, membership sites and online events
- + The best way to connect with experts and/or leaders in your niche
- + Why in-person meetups are incredibly important
- + How to make the most out of conferences and networking events, tips for introverts included
- + When to intercept someone you want to meet at networking events
- + How to make a great first impression
- + How to design business cards that make friends and start conversations
- + Go-to questions to get past small talk and create instant friendships
- + How we’ve set up multiple revenue streams
- + Revenue streams we’ve dropped and why
- + How to know when to hustle to make it work or fire a product/service
- + One of the biggest mistakes April has made in her business and what you can learn from it
- + Lessons learned from membership sites, online courses, licensing, custom projects, handmade products, Etsy shops, Shopify and more
- + How to decide what revenue stream to add next
- + The hidden money makers
- + Partnering with big name brands like Kate Spade, Adidas and Polo Ralph Lauren
- + The do’s and don’ts of licensing
- + The do’s and don’ts of custom projects
- + How to land speaking engagements and make the most from them
- + How to decide on your first passive income stream
- + How to quickly set up your first digital product
- + The pros and cons to launching fast
- + What you can learn from quick launches
- + Why you just need to start and how to take action now
- + Why Mayi tends to pick easy over fancy
- + The future of blogging and free content creation
- + Brand Identity 101
- + Pulling together your style so it makes sense
- + How to use your hobbies to create a unique brand
- + How April has used watercolors to brand without selling watercolors
- + How Mayi uses illustrated quotes to brand without selling posters
- + How to brand the things you don’t think can be branded like videos, caption sections, blog archives, filters and more
- + April’s experience redesigning her website and tips for anyone considering undertaking a website redesign
- + Why you need a flagship product, service or program
- + How to differentiate your flagship product, service or program from your competitors
- + How Mayi knew that Life is Messy Bootcamp was her flagship program
- + How Mayi launched and continues to market Life is Messy Bootcamp
- + How Mayi has grown and changed Life is Messy Bootcamp over the years
- + The logistics and do’s and don’ts of membership programs
- + Why April changed flagship programs--from ARTrepreneur to Sunday Society
- + Pricing your flagship product, service or program
- + The pros and cons of payment installments
- + How to get people excited to buy your products or services when there is not perceived urgency or a limited timeframe
- + Our experiences running businesses all on our own
- + Our experiences hiring people for specific projects
- + What we hired first, second and third
- + How to know when you’re ready to hire
- + How to hire the right people
- + Warning signs that you need to let a team member go
- + Our fave software, tools, apps and secret weapons when you’re still a one-woman show
- + Hiring or expanding for launches
Our mastermind officially starts May 1, 2017. Save the date. Get ready.
Private Facebook Clubhouse
You’ll become an instant member of a tight-knit group of likeminded individuals who are learning about and struggling with the same things. Ever wish you could connect with a group of creative entrepreneurs that are almost like family? A group that wants to see you succeed and gives you regular support and encouragement, along with constructive feedback? That's what you get with Operation World Domination.
It's pretty much the BEST accountability group of all time.
Each week, we'll pop the theme we're covering into the Facebook group so that you can get your questions ready for us. You'll also have the opportunity to promote your latest blog post or brag about your most recent win each Saturday.
You’ll feel like you found your wolfpack. A sisterhood who gets it.
The Facebook group is for the members, run mostly by the members. We won't be in the group, answering your questions, but that's because we will answer all your questions during the calls.
The Coolest Mug in the World
We’re also sending you an exclusive present in the mail. An emblem that you belong to our gang. A little daily reminder that you are one of the few who is daring to show up GREATLY to do what is needed to make this world better.
We’ve gotten many requests from creatives who want to buy this mug from us, but joining our mastermind is the only way to make this your morning coffee mug.
Sunday Society is a membership program for creative entrepreneurs who either: 1) have ‘oh look there’s a squirrel’ syndrome and need a group to keep them accountable, 2) want to work through the tough stuff (like planning your email marketing for the next year) with a group of supportive women and/or 3) want a place to get regular feedback and encouragement.
Some of the main benefits of joining Sunday Society:
- + You get feedback every month from someone who’s been there and knows how to get out of the dips
- + You have an entire community of entrepreneurs who are committed to seeing each other succeed
- + You won’t feel alone in this because you’re part of a program that meets 2 to 5 times every month for support
- + That feeling of “what do I do now?” becomes a non issue, because you belong to a society of women who have your back
- + It feels like a slumber party
"April is AWESOME! She puts her heart into helping me and the other members take our businesses to the next level! You can always improve on anything you do in life and Sunday Society is an amazing place to push your business accountability and marketing goals! The best money I've put into my business in years!"
Here’s a little sneak peek of what’s included:
- + 2-5 monthly calls (there’s already more than 50 hours of live calls available to watch and they’re categorized so that you can find exactly what you’re looking for) where you can ask questions, join me on video to get feedback on something specific from me and the group members and more.
- + An active Facebook group that many of the group members check in with daily, asking questions, getting feedback and connecting with each other
- + A monthly challenge that all the members work on together (this month they’re working on their welcome emails for new subscribers)
- + Access to two member directories so that you can find members based on their niche or location
You get instant access to Sunday Society.
To learn more visit bit.ly/joinsundaysociety
"If you want a nice group of creative women who give constantly then Sunday Society is your place. You get feedback and it seems like we are all growing together. No one ever tries to out shine the other. It's a collective group trying to help each other succeed."
Life is Messy Bootcamp
Life is Messy Bootcamp® is an online program, training playground and vibrant community that cuts through the hype-y fantasies around being your own girl boss, like working 4-hour weeks while dipping your feet in warm sand, and instead, teaches you how to use your quirks… your “flaws”… your REAL freakin’ personality markers to build a profitable creative empire and design a life you don’t need a sabbatical from.
More than 7,000 creative entrepreneurs have used this loved, proven system to show mess who’s boss and make room for genius work.
In a nutshell, the goal of Life is Messy Bootcamp is to help you:
- + Clarify the journey ahead and stay focused. In other words, windshield-whip the shiny objects and negative brain chatters and haters that obstruct your vision to the top of your North Star. Do I hear a Hallelujah?
- + Centralize everything in one place. Let me say that again ladies: ONE PLACE to store to-dos, tasks, appointments, notes, doodles, journal entries, goals… you name it, there’s a place for it. Keep it all together. No more hunting down Post-Its like a crazy person.
- + Turn “I should do that” into superstar habits you can actually stick to and automate that make you happy. Heroic 007 stunts are great for Bond, James Bond, but in real life it’s all about the tiny day-to-day calls that pay off big time.
- + Declutter your mind and declutter your world, so you can spend less time looking for sh*t and more time doing work that matters.
- + Checkmark your bucket list, minus the overwhelmed mental constipation and insomnia typically associated with military-like productivity systems. Yuck!
- + Fatten your piggy bank so money can finally can stop being a crap excuse as to why you can’t live more or pursue your passion projects in your Buzz Lightyear jammies with a sense of worthiness.
- + Laugh more, because what’s the point of alphabetizing your entire spice cabinet if you’re a Grumpy Grinch?
"The live calls really have been amazing. I can’t even begin to express how wonderful this group is and what an enormous treat it is to get to be a part of such a genuine circle of messy entrepreneurs. I thank Mayi for being 100% herself and holding a space for us to be authentic and embrace all that we are! There really is no other group that holds a light to the one Mayi has created with Life is Messy Bootcamp."
Here’s a little sneak peek of what’s included:
- + 6 training modules with 30 flagship lessons
- + 50+ missions perfectly synced with the course material
- +The complete Life is Messy Planners® downloadable collection
- + Exclusive entry to the private Facebook community, Home of the BIG Mess
- + Monthly live implementation coaching calls, called “Messy Hours”
- + Captain Mayi’s off the hook cheerleading skills and guidance along the way
- + Bonus goodies
You get instant access to Life is Messy Bootcamp.
To learn more visit www.lifeismessybootcamp.com
"Life is Messy Bootcamp is like an interactive role playing game of messy mayhem and Mayi, the online drill-sergeant/ pixie cheerleader, guides you through the maze step-by-step with a Fairy Wand of Joy through color, laughter, acceptance, support, and astonishingly effective organization. Mayi’s artistic planners give my unruly lists a truly workable and whimsical home that magically express how I actual feel when I am using them."
IF YOU JOIN OPERATION WORLD DOMINATION + B-SCHOOL
THROUGH OUR AFFILIATE LINK (FOR ONLY $532 MORE),
YOU’LL GET ACCESS TO ALL OF THE ABOVE AND EVERYTHING BELOW.
Marie Forleo’s B-School
B-School is amazing. This online business school transformed our businesses from barely paying the bills to living the dream.
That’s why we recommend it and join forces to put together an affiliate bonus package each year. This is the only program that both of us are affiliates for and because we get part of the sale if you buy through us, we’re able to provide the bonuses below for no additional cost to you. Win, win, win.
B-School helped us:
- + Get clarity on our ideal customers and how to get in front of them and use their language
- + How to set ourselves apart from the competition
- + How to declutter our websites, by only including the important stuff
- + The importance of creating valuable, entertaining content and how to do it on a weekly basis without burning out
- + How to build trust with our audiences before launching
- + How to create our dream business models
- + How to make lots of cheddar doing what we love
- + Connect with all kinds of entrepreneurs: website designers, business coaches, artists and makers, pattern designers, life coaches and more
21 Day B-School Survival Guide Email Course
You’ll also get access to a B-School Survival Guide we’ve created which includes 21 insanely practical and results-driven lessons that you’ll receive over the course of B-School, specifically designed to help you cruise through the program without having a nervous breakdown. This guide does not include extra homework. It does include gorgeous printables that will make your life so much easier!
If you join B-School through our link, we want to make sure that you get the most out of your experience. That’s why we created this survival guide and broke it up into an email course that will keep you motivated and inspired throughout the eight weeks.
Here are the chapter titles for each of the 21 lessons:
- + Chapter 1: Revamp Your Morning Routine for B-School
- + Chapter 2: Make the Most Out of B-School by Staying Present
- + Chapter 3: Set Intentions and Goals for B-School
- + Chapter 4: Reverse Engineer Your B-School Goals
- + Chapter 5: Get Quality Results by Quitting the “M” Word
- + Chapter 6: Stop the B-School All Nighters
- + Chapter 7: Get Acquainted with the 20-Second Rule
- + Chapter 8: Use Social Media to Succeed with B-School
- + Chapter 9: Refuel for the Rest of B-School
- + Chapter 10: Ditch ‘Email Drain’ for Good
- + Chapter 11: Learn the Top Email Organizing Technique
- + Chapter 12: Unplug for More B-School ‘A-ha’ Moments
- + Chapter 13: Hire It Out to Make More Time for Your Important Work
- + Chapter 14: De-Clutter Your Biz
- + Chapter 15: Organize Your Workspace
- + Chapter 16: Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- + Chapter 17: Avoid Fake Work and Busy-ness
- + Chapter 18: Just Say No
- + Chapter 19: Schedule Epiphany Time
- + Chapter 20: Make Up Your Own Rules for Success
- + Chapter 21: Moving Forward After B-School
2 B-School Implementation Calls
When we went through B-School, it was a large program with hundreds of students but now B-School has grown to thousands of students.
Marie is pretty amazing on the Q&A calls, answering questions for hours, but there’s no way she could answer every question you have. There’s not enough time in the day.
That’s why we’re offering two Q&A calls--one midway through B-School and one at the end of B-School. We want to make sure that you’re heard and you don’t get stuck somewhere along the way because you couldn’t get your questions answered.
If you can’t make the Q&A calls live, you’ll have the chance to submit your questions ahead of time and watch the replay for our answers.
We’re veterans, having been through the program for six years. We know where creative entrepreneurs get stuck and we know how to help them get out of the muck and find clarity.
2-on-1 Half Hour Consulting Session with April & Mayi
If you know us, you know that we love rewarding an early bird.
We’re doing something we’ve never done before. We’re providing a 30-minute 2-on-1 consulting session to everyone that joins before Friday, February 24 at midnight EST.
Just you and us on a jam session. I mean, picture this for a moment - two pairs of eyes you trust exclusively dedicated to you and your business. We know, it’s KU-RA-ZY pants that’s why we’re only making this offer available for our “hellz yeah!!!” people.
Here are some possible topics we could help you during our sesh:
- + Giving you feedback on your website
- + Talking through your sales funnel
- + Identifying your ideal customer
- + Deciding what product or service to offer next
- + Coming up with unique ideas for your next launch
- + What direction to take your business
- + What’s holding you back from making money
- + Whatever you want to talk about.
We’ll schedule your consultation sometime within the three months after B-School. That way you don’t waste your time on questions that get answered during the program.
You must buy B-School through our affiliate link by February 24th at midnight EST to receive the 30-minute consulting session.
“My favorite part of your mastermind group was the community, the structured content and really great practical ideas to help you get through B-school and improve your business. And, the live calls were excellent and a highlight of my B-school experience. It really felt like a special time, where we were getting your full attention and amazing experience and insights. Your advice was invaluable. And the mug is now one of my treasured possessions. Getting to know the other members of the mastermind was also wonderful and has led on to other opportunities.”
"Operation World Domination added a very fun element to the B-School equation. The calls were super fun and inspiring. I really enjoyed hearing from your experience and the emails perfectly supported what was happening in B-School, so it was like having an empowering friend as a tutor :)"
COUNT DOWN TILL THE DOORS CLOSE
Registration is closed for 2017
Registration is closed for 2017
If you want to get access to Operation World Domination + B-School, you have to purchase B-School through our affiliate link. If you accidentally click a link on Twitter or Facebook or someone else’s blog post, you’ll show up as their referral–not ours. As soon as you purchase B-School through our affiliate link, forward your B-School receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you set up for everything within our bonus package.
There is NO ADDITIONAL charge. If you purchase B-School through our link, you will get access to our bonus package and receive a mug in the mail.
If you’re joining Operation World Domination without B-School, as soon as you register, you’ll receive an email with everything you need to know and get access to in order to participate.
WHO THIS IS PERFECT FOR?
WE WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU
Operation World Domination is the best fit for creative entrepreneurs.
Artists. Jewelry designers. Website designers. Cupcake makers. Yoga Instructors. Writers. Magicians. Personal Trainers. Illustrators. Coaches. Speakers. People who truly want to make a contribution and generate good money in the process.
It's for the creative who suffers from 'look a squirrel' syndrome and needs help focusing. The woman who has lots of ideas and jumps from project to project, so she still doesn't have a flagship program. Maybe she's been working on it for the past two years. She knows what she's meant to do in this world, but she can't seem to get her butt in the chair to do the work. This intense eight-week mastermind, along with access to Sunday Society and Life is Messy Bootcamp will help this creative finally GET. IT. DONE.
Operation World Domination is for the creative who dislikes marketing. Maybe she hates marketing, maybe she just prefers her creative work. Either way, she wants someone to help her get her products or services in front of more of the right people while cutting her blogging/email/social media time in half. She doesn't want the coveted multi-million dollar business, because she doesn't want to run a huge team or work 17 hours a day. She'd be over-the-moon happy if she made $30,000 in her next launch or $150,000 this year. She wants to make enough money to run and grow her business, hire an assistant to do the things she doesn't love, have a comfy savings, go on nice vacations with her family and go on the occasional Anthropologie shopping spree. Whenever someone says, "I'll teach you how to make millions of dollars," she's automatically turned off.
WHO THIS IS NOT FOR?
PLEASE DON’T BUY, WE ARE NOT A GOOD FIT
It’s not for everyone.
It's not for the entrepreneur who expects to be taught by someone in a suit or sweater set. Do silly accessories or slippers (that you can't even see in a video call) bother you? If so, this isn't for you.
It’s not for someone who won't download Chrome or Firefox onto her computer to watch a two-hour free webinar that's packed with value and comes with 25 pages of done-for-you notes, because that's "too much work."
It’s not for the person who is looking for shortcuts to billions of dollars. Do you dream of running a team of 36 and working super long hours to earn millions? Then, this isn't for you.There's nothing wrong with money, my friend. We both love it. But, we work best with creatives who are looking to build a smaller online empire. A team of two or three with a website coder on standby for big launches. A dream of making six figures.
It's not for the person who can't imagine sharing someone else's work with their audience, because it might take some of the attention away from them. We're all about abundance at Operation World Domination. The more one succeeds, the more the others succeed.
"Operation World Domination is everything a girl boss might need to take an important project and change her life forever. Believe that it's the perfect group to get together, it's not just business, it's friendship and tons of fun and useful information."
MEET YOUR HOSTS
WE LIKE WARM HUGS
APRIL BOWLES-OLIN is a creative business consultant who helps creatives build the businesses of their dreams around the lives they crave to live.
She’s a writer, watercolor lover, photography dabbler and devoted doggie mama to three sweet lab mixes that love to join Sunday Society dance parties and bark in the middle of live calls to share their opinions.
April has worked with thousands of creatives through her CreativeLive courses, speaking engagements and retreats, her online courses, group coaching and one-on-one consulting.
She’s been featured on many websites and blogs and in magazines including: U.S. News and World Report, Where Women Create, Etsy, The Unmistakable Creative and Design*Sponge.
She currently lives in Blacksburg, VA with her lawyer husband (who moonlights as her videographer and photographer).
MAYI CARLES is a tiny Panamanian artist with a T-Rex heart making a living on the Internet by being herself, owning her weird and sharing all the lessons she’s learned along the way, including the messy middle.
My flagship course Life is Messy Bootcamp has helped 7,000+ save-the-world-in-pajamas types take their brilliant ideas from lightbulb to done, reclaim their neglected bucket lists and turn their multiple curiosities into a healthy money-making business.
Studied Art in Scuola Lorenzo de Medici in Florence, Italy. Received a dual Bachelor degree in Communication Studies + Art Theory and Practice with a minor in Art History from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. Completed a Masters in Art in Visual and Critical Studies from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago in Illinois.
She’s been featured on the cover of HOLA Magazine, U.S News, Huffington Post, Artful Blogging and almost all predominant local publications. Has also collaborated with world-renowned brands like Adidas, Kate Spade NY, Polo Ralph Lauren, Roxy and Kielh's.
Currently lives in tropical paradise with the love of her life David and beautiful baby girl Olivia, and works in a lil' nook of a studio filled with children's books, bunting flags, vintage toys and party props.
(By the way, this is Mayi. I sound so busy and important in third person, don’t I?)
"You created a very intimate community so that I truly felt like I was going through the experience with a group of like minded friends. I also found an amazing accountability partner from the group - we like to say that we are the next Mayi and April! The personal attention to answer ALL of our questions in the weekly meetings made all the difference. It made the material come alive on a whole new level, and helped me figure out how to personally apply it to my art biz."
COUNT DOWN TILL THE DOORS CLOSE
Registration is closed for 2017
Registration is closed for 2017
"It was also great being in a group of women that I could build a relationship with. I’ve always been a small group/individual kind of person, so the idea of trying to mingle with the thousands of B-School 2016 participants was TOTALLY overwhelming. Having our own small group was exactly what I needed to feel invested and included in B-School."
Whether you’re thinking about joining Operation World Domination or OWD and B-School, we bet you have questions.
We had millions of questions when we were considering B-School. Picture intense nail-biting, bank account staring, long conversations with our husbands and ice cream-binges. The process is intense. The decision is scary. We know. We know.
You might even be recycling your temptation to join from last year or even the year before that. Your thoughts are probably racing: “Everyone is doing it, I don’t want to fall behind.” “Am I ready?” and “What if I already know the material and I just need to apply it?”
We know the drill. That’s why we’ve put together a list of our most asked questions.
A: They tackle two different things. Through taking B-School, you’ll learn everything you need to know to get your online business up and running. Through Operation World Domination, you’ll become apart of a much smaller group of women and work on five main things: 1) making business FUN 2) ditching your procrastination habits 3) establishing your flagship program 4) building a stand out brand and 5) what to do now to start making money.
In OWD, you also get year-long memberships to both Life is Messy Bootcamp and Sunday Society. That means, you’ll have a year of live calls you can attend to ask questions, get feedback and find support.
You don’t need to take B-School to take Operation World Domination or vice versa. They just complement each other well.
A: LIMB is a training program that takes you from where you are now to where you want to be over the course of 30 lessons and 50+ messy missions. It’s a planning system to design a life and business you love. And, it’s all available to you as soon as you register.
Sunday Society is not an online course or training program. It’s meant to give you access to April and the other members to get help with whatever stage you’re at NOW in your business. You can join Q&A calls to ask all your business-related questions. You can treasure hunt through the list of topics we’ve already covered to find replays to watch while folding laundry or doing your hair and makeup for the day. It’s more a group coaching program than an online course.
A: We always get this question but we can’t ever give a clear answer. We don’t know. We didn’t offer this last year or any year before, so we can’t say what we’ll work on together next year. We wish we had a magic 8-ball so we could let you know. We may never offer this exact package ever again. If you want in, join now.
A: We know that B-School overwhelm is REAL and happens when Marie launches B-School each year. Inboxes are flooded with reasons to join B-School and bonus packages.
Some people assume that it’s because the people promoting B-School get a large slice of the sale. We do receive part of the payment, but if we didn’t, we wouldn’t be able to offer a bonus package (valued at $1467) for free.
And, we wouldn’t promote B-School just for the money. We have our own flagship programs to market but we got so much out of B-School and are able to work together to give the women who join through us even more value, so it’s a no-brainer for us.
A: You should choose the package you think is the best fit for YOU. What do you need the most help with? If you’re looking to work through B-School with a smaller group of women, ours is a good fit. If you want a little handholding after B-School (believe us when we say you’ll be overwhelmed by all the homework), you’ll go through our mastermind and get access to live calls with both of us separately through year-long memberships to our programs.
If you’re looking for a bonus where the leader(s) will be around, encouraging you along the way, we’d pick us. The women who joined through us last year told us that they couldn’t imagine going through the program without us--without the calls and FB group.
A: It’s never going to feel like it’s the “right time” for something like this. You’re taking B-School because you’re not completely satisfied with your business, and you want to know what to do to fix it.
You’ve got one life--one shot. Why wait? The best part about joining B-School is that you get lifetime access to the program. You don’t have to go through everything within those eight weeks. So, if you have a vacation in the middle of the program or you had a baby six months ago, we recommend jumping on board if you think B-School is the right fit for you even if it takes you more time to go through the material.
A: This is another one of those questions that we always get but have a difficult time answering. It depends on where you’re at in your business and how much effort you want to put into these programs. You probably already know that you could spend every second of every day on creating and marketing. And, what you put in is what you get out.
A: After B-School. That way those of you taking B-School won’t be crushed with the overwhelm of two major programs going at the same time.
For those of you who aren’t taking B-School but are signing up for OWD, we recommend that you take the next eight weeks to get your business ready for the mastermind.
What does that mean, you might wonder…
- + Write your first (or next) blog post
- + Get your website up and running or maybe just a landing page
- + Sell something or try to sell something
- + Figure out your biggest business struggles (so we can help you with them on the calls!)
- + Have a chat with one of your favorite customers to get to know her better
- + Think about what you really want to get out of our mastermind
- + Send out weekly emails to your list so you start to figure out what works and what doesn’t
- + Get over your fear of live video and do your first FB Live and/or Instagram Live
- + Pick a social media platform to focus on and be social--creatively share your products/services, interact with one new person each week, post regularly
If you do some work before we get started, you’ll have a lot more questions and get more out of our mastermind. We want you to make the most of OWD!
A: We schedule them on all different days and times to accommodate all schedules and give all participants an opportunity to join some of the calls live.
A: Well, have you seen our faces on the B-School page, under the “success stories?” Yep, you’ll find them there.
We’ve also built our dream businesses around our dream lifestyles. If that’s what you’re looking to do, we’re a good pair of leaders for you. We’ll tell you exactly how we did it and what you can learn from us.
"I really feel like some of my biggest break through moments came through April and Mayi, while taking B-school. In fact the biggest AHA moment I ever had was while on a call with Mayi. She basically told me to “get ahold of myself, quit asking so many questions and own my path.” This was a HUGE AHA moment for me. While it stung in the moment, on reflection it changed my business forever. I quit obsessing and caring so much about what other people thought and how everyone else was doing things and focused on my own business. This made HUGE changes, it was after that moment that I had my first 5 figure month!"
Didn’t see your question answered? Still have hesitations?
We’re hosting not one but two FREE Happy Hours to spill the beans about all things B-School and help you decide if Operation World Domination and/or B-School is the right fit for you. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn’t. You won’t be able to resolve your B-School brain chatter until you ask. And we’re not suggesting you ask your grandma or your entire social network. Ask people you trust and respect and who know the B-School ins and outs.
FEBRUARY 22 @ 3PM EST
MARCH 1 @ 10AM EST
On the call we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the B-School program and our mastermind. Plus we’ll stick around for a laser round of Q&A, so come ready to tackle us with any hesitations or fears you might have about hopping the fence. It’s scary. We know this is a BIG deal, so we’ll come prepared to tell you the truth about EVERYTHING…even if it’s not what you’re hoping to hear. We truly want you to make the right decision for yourself. We’re on your side one-hundred percent.
"If you’re considering B-school, you need support to get through B-school, not an extra unrelated course. Mayi and April have created something so fun, but practical and supportive. It’s not an extra thing you don’t need, it’s a thing to help you do the thing you’ve already committed to doing. Some people can do B-school without the smaller community/accountability/support, but that wasn’t the case for me, and OWD was perfect. If you vibe with Mayi and/or April, and want to hang out with them for 8 weeks, AND rocket your business in a way that feels really good for you, B-school and OWD is an incredible combo."
ARE YOU READY?
Look, we know you’re on the verge of making a BIG, potentially life-changing investment.
Perhaps, like me six years back, your heart is racing at 1000mph just by the thought of joining Operation World Domination or Operation World Domination + B-School. But it doesn’t matter at what stage of your business you’re at, I know, you’re not ready. No matter how much you desire it, “now” is NOT the perfect time.
We’re not witches. Remember, we were there.
The way we see it is this: When you think about where you are “now” and try to make a decision from that frame of mind, of course there’s no way in hell you can afford anything, so your default response is always: “I’ll pass. Maybe next time, if I work harder or win the lottery. Or a pony.”
When you’re thinking about investing in something GRAND that will change the way you live, love, work, parent and look at yourself in the mirror, you can’t let the actual version of you that’s not there yet make the call. Hellz no. That decision will be made from a place of scarcity, short sightedness, limitations and contractions. Dangerous.
Let’s try this one more time.
When you’re thinking about investing in something SO BOLD and AUDACIOUS IT HURTS that will change the way you live, love, work, parent and look at yourself in the mirror, you need to bring forward [insert your nickname here] Fierce (you know, your alter-ego?) or the you of the future, the one you dream of becoming – a more fearless + wiser you that’s traveling back in time to rescue you from yourself, your current stuckness and self-sabotaging trolls.
You want to sell out your next program? You want to make an extra 5K a month? You want to double your list size? Then you have to invest like a person who sells out her programs, makes an extra 5K a month and has a list double your size, not a person who has no program (yet), hasn’t turned her passions into profit (yet) and has a mailing list of 3 (for now), one of which could or could not be her mom.
See what we’re sayin’ sistah?
When you make investments based on where you want to be and who you want to become rather than where you are “now”, you tell the Universe, “I’m coming for it”. And just like that, by cosmic synchronicity, you attract the unimaginable.
Remember: You aren’t ready “now”, but you will be. You were born to ease your way into READY!
- + Trust the messy middle.
- + Having a nervous breakdown is part of the process.
- + Get comfortable with the discomfort.
- + Be smarter than your brain chatter and act in spite of being afraid.
- + Do something today that your future self will bear hug you for next year.
"Mayi and April are absolute cheerleaders’ when dealing with learning how to create an online presence. They are happy and extremely talented, each in their own right. If you like design, Mayi will definitely inspire you. And April is great with copy. They have a tight community and are super easy to reach. Mayi was actually the person to inspire me and to show me that having a profitable online business from Panama was completely possible. I don’t know why I was mentally blocked and thought that you could only achieve this lifestyle if living abroad (crazy I know!)."