I tortured my husband in making this background. He did not want to hang ornaments from the ceiling for 30 minutes on Sunday afternoon, but somehow I convinced him that a good holiday background included ornaments hanging from the ceiling. And, we only shattered one ornament in the making. I think that’s pretty impressive.
The last minute of this video includes a Blacksburg Belle holiday medley which basically means my husband decided it would be a good idea for me to sing pieces of holiday songs. I’ve got two warnings for you before you watch:
1. I got kicked out of chorus in the fifth grade, because my singing was sooooooooooo bad.
2. I struggle to remember words of songs, even popular songs, so I make up my own words most of the time. The only song I know all of words to is Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot. True story.
Wanna recap of the video? Here are the 5 tips for rocking it out on Twitter:
1. Just do it.
Just join already. Twitter is a lot of fun, and if you don’t think so, we can’t be friends. And, don’t worry too much about what you say on Twitter–it’s not that big a deal. If you want a rule, give it the customer and friend test. Would you say it to a friend? Would you say it to a customer?
2. Follow bloggers and creative entrepreneurs who you like.
3. Personalize your Twitter profile.
Use a picture of yourself for your avatar and personalize your background.
4. Don’t just promote yourself.
This is a super duper huge turnoff. Be social.
5. Don’t auto direct message people, especially a link that sends the person to a product or your shop.
Enjoy this video? Please share:
5 Tips to Rock Twitter + @blacksburgbelle singing a holiday medley. She got kicked out of chorus in fifth grade–just a warning. Click to Tweet.