My husband and I always have a couple potatoes in our pantry for nights when we want some comfort food but don’t want to spend the evening making dinner.
Our loaded baked potatoes are super easy. That’s why we love them. And, of course, they’re delicious.
One baking potato for each person
One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for each person
One cup of broccoli for each person
Daiya shredded cheddar cheese
Vegan sour cream
Vegan “bacon” bits
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Scrub the potatoes.
3. Pierce the skin of the potatoes with a knife a couple times on each side.
4. Slather each potato with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 50 minutes.
5. When the potatoes have 15 minutes of cooking time left, heat a skillet on medium heat. Add a few tablespoons of butter and melt. Add the broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Sautee until the potatoes finish.
6. Slice each potato down the center. Use a fork to fluff the potato and break it up.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Place a couple pads of butter on the potato and then sprinkle with Daiya cheddar cheese.
9. Pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
10. Spoon a cup of the broccoli on top of the potato. Add a couple spoonfuls of sour cream and sprinkle with vegan bacon bits.