2 tablespoons EVOO
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: vegan sour cream and green onions, chopped
1. Heat a large pot on medium heat. Add the two tablespoons of EVOO and the onion and cook for two to three minutes, stirring regularly.
2. Once the onion begins to soften, add the chili powder and cumin and stir.
3. Add beans, water, and vegetable stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for ten minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Transfer half of the soup to a blender and puree. Transfer the puree back to the pot and stir.
5. Add the frozen corn and simmer until it’s heated through.
Optional: Add a dollop of vegan sour cream and garnish with chopped green onions. We like to eat ours with a couple vegan, gluten-free rolls.