This is the most delicious summer salad. I feel spoiled–not deprived–when I eat this simple salad.
Ingredients for salad:
4 corns on the cob
1 bunch asparagus
2 avocados, chopped
1 package grape tomatoes, halved
Ingredients for the dressing:
¼ cup cilantro
½ cup EVOO
juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon lime zest
Directions for the grilled corn and asparagus:
1. Shuck the corn.
2. Slather the corn and asparagus with a generous amount of olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Grill on a medium high, turning once they begin to brown. Once the corn and asparagus have finished, allow to cool.
4. Take the corn off the cob and cut the asparagus on a bias.
TIP: The corn gets sweeter as you cook it, so don’t be afraid to add a little color to it!
Directions for the dressing:
1. To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth.
1. Combine the cooked corn, cooked asparagus, avocados, and grape tomatoes into a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix well.