You have not tasted the best vegan, gluten-free burger until you bite into this one. The flavors light up your mouth and it’s juicier than your average vegan burger.
IT’S. THE. BEST. The end.
1 large eggplant
¾ cup quinoa flakes
½ medium yellow onion, chopped fine
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup cooked black beans
1 tablespoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 ounces veganaise
2 tablespoons cucumber, peeled and chopped fine
2 tablespoons fresh dill
sea salt to taste
For the Burger:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut the eggplant in half and place it cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes or until the “meat” is tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the quinoa flakes, onion, 3 gloves garlic, black beans, oregano, pepper and kosher salt.
4. Once the eggplant has finished, allow to cool for a few minutes, and scrape the “meat” of the eggplant into a food processor. Process until smooth, and add to the other ingredients.
5. Using a potato masher, mash until combined. Form into patties.
6. Cook the patties over medium heat in a large saucepan with the oil until the outsides are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
7. Finish in the oven for 10-15 minutes to fully cook the inside.
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
1. Combine the veganaise, 1 garlic glove, cucumber, dill, and sea salt in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
2. Slather the tzatziki sauce generously on each burger. Enjoy!