French fries are my enemy, because I love them so damn much. Even though they taste delicious, they aren’t good for me and they cause my waistline to grow. So, I’ve found a great alternative: baked sweet potato fries. My husband and I whip these up when we have a hankering for fries in the summertime.
If you want to get fancy, sprinkle some fresh rosemary OR creole seasoning on the sweet potatoes before you bake them. Either of those options will give them a different flavor, so you can mix it up!
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 cup Ketchup
1 teaspoon chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon agave
Directions for the Fries:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into fries and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes.
4. Flip and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until fries are crispy.
Directions for the Ketchup:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add cumin and garlic powder and whisk for ten seconds.
3. Add the ketchup and chipotles and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the lime juice and agave, simmering for an additional 1 minute. Thin with water, if desired.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.