Want the chance to get one of your blog posts in front of 147,000+ people? Want to get featured on Blacksburg Belle? Want to connect with a bunch of super smarty pants entrepreneurs?
Keep reading to find out how you can accomplish all three by doing ONE simple thing–and it’s something you’re probably already doing so this should be a cinch.
You may have heard that I’m teaching a five-week course, Double Your Followers with Creative Marketing, starting September 29th at CreativeLive.
(Did you know you could enroll for FREE?)
The last time I had the honor of teaching at CreativeLive, I hosted a legendary blog tour to spread the word about my course and give you guys the chance to get to know each other beforehand. (Yep, I called my own blog tour legendary, because over 50 bloggers participated! I think that’s worth a pat on the back.)
Since, I’m heading back to CreativeLive, I’m hosting another blog tour and you’re invited to join me.
Before you make excuses for why you can’t join the fun, read my five reasons that you should make time:
1. During the last blog tour, many of the bloggers who participated got more comments on the blog post they published for the blog tour than on ANY blog post they’d ever published.
Wouldn’t it feel great to get lots and lots of comments and connect with other creative entrepreneurs who are taking my course?
2. You should be blogging anyways (pointing my finger at you, friend!), so it shouldn’t be any extra work.
I’m in the camp that believes blogging isn’t optional. It’s one of the best ways to market your business.
If you already blog once a week, it’s not any extra work. And, I’m giving you a topic to post about (knowing what the heck to blog about can be one of the tricky things to creating regular content).
3. I’m gonna choose FIVE of the bloggers who participate to win anytime access to my upcoming boot camp, Double Your Followers with Creative Marketing ($199).
That means you’d get access to the course AND all of the bonuses for free. (And, the bonuses that you can only get with purchase are pretty darn great if I do say so myself. And, I do say so. Humbly, of course.)
***I will be choosing winners based on the blog posts that stand out to me most! My decision will be final.
4. Connections can grow your business unlike anything else.
You can’t do this alone. I mean…you can, but it will take you so much longer. And, it’s silly when you’ve got all of us creative entrepreneurs willing to pull you into our fold and support you through this crazy thing called building a business.
Because of you guys, we got at least another 1,000 people to RSVP during the two weeks leading up to my last CreativeLive course.
Imagine if I hadn’t tried it—if I hadn’t asked you guys to help me tell more people about my upcoming course. I could’ve lost out on 1,000+ viewers.
In the first couple of years of my business, I constantly looked for ways to help other people to build relationships and I leaped onto any opportunity that would help me connect to other creative entrepreneurs.
This is your chance to grab hold of one of those opportunities.
5. CreativeLive will pick some of your blog posts to share with their 147,000+ followers on Twitter.
When’s the last time you got in front of an audience that large?
Have I convinced you yet? (If so, YAY! If not, you’re not invited to my next birthday party. Wait…I’m not seven or on the playground trying to get you to jump rope with me instead of the cool girls. I guess you’re still invited.)
This is your official invitation. Here’s how you join:
- Pick one of the following topics to blog about: a) What you’d love to learn from my upcoming course, Double Your Followers with Creative Marketing b) Your biggest marketing struggle(s), or c) Your most successful marketing strategy to date (examples: hosting an Instagram challenge or guest posting on a popular blog) and why you think it worked so well.
- Pick a day between September 21st and September 29th to publish your post on your blog.
- Include this little blurb about my upcoming CreativeLive course (make sure you include the link) at the beginning or end of your post: “This post is a part of the Double Your Followers blog tour to spread the word about April Bowles-Olin’s upcoming CreativeLive course. Does hearing the word ‘marketing’ make your armpits start to drip with anxiety? Are you terrified of sounding salesy or like you have the personality of a dead blowfish? If so, come join me and 2,500+ entrepreneurs who’re taking April’s latest CreativeLive course, Double Your Followers with Creative Marketing. You can RSVP and watch for FREE. Yep, free. High fives, wildflowers, wine samples. Who doesn’t love free?”
- Let me know that you’re participating by leaving a comment below, including the day (between the 21st and 29th) that you’re planning to publish. I will be using this information to organize the lists of bloggers participating that I’ll share each day on social media (and with CreativeLive) so don’t skip this step! Please tell me when you plan to post.
- You can include the image below in your post! (But, it’s not a requirement. Just thought it would make it even easier for some of you to join the blog tour. If you want to use it, just right click on it and then download.)
- Come back to this post when you hit publish and share your link in the comments, so that I can include it in my compilation post on October 7th. I’ll also be sharing this list with the CreativeLive team so they can share the posts.
To wrap-up, if you participate in this blog tour, you’ll:
1. Get your blog post included in a post on Blacksburg Belle, including a link back to your blog which is always helpful with SEO when people search on Google for what you do.
2. Be entered to win anytime access for my upcoming boot camp, Double Your Followers with Creative Marketing. (Winners will be announced on October 7th on Blacksburg Belle.)
3. Have a shot at getting your blog post shouted out by CreativeLive on Twitter.
4. Help other creatives improve their businesses and make more money (because my course is gonna help any creative who needs guidance with marketing). Good karma, my friend!
Use the hashtag #BelleLive when talking about the blog tour or sharing your posts on social media. That way, we can all find each other easily.
I can’t wait to read what you publish!