Blogging (along with email marketing) has been one of the most effective tools in growing my business. Here are 12 reasons why I continue to blog after more than eight years of consistent blogging:
1. Because it gives me the perfect platform to help creative entrepreneurs build the businesses of their dreams around the lives they crave to live.
2. Because I can promote my business.
3. Because I love writing.
4. Because it gives me a way to share my story–who I am and why I do what I do.
6. Because I can give potential customers a way to figure out if we’re the right fit.
7. Because I can do it in pajamas or an Anthropologie romper.
8. Because no one can delete my hard work (unlike on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram of any other social media platform).
9. Because I can provide valuable, consistent content for free.
10. Because I’m in charge and get to make every single decision.
11. Because it’s an inexpensive way to connect to my target market.
12. Because it’s fun!
CreativeLive invited me to share some tips on blogging along with Bonnie from Going Home to Roost, Abby from While She Naps and Kim from Mighty Ugly to help celebrate National Craft Month. We all have two things in common: we’ve all taught a course on the craft channel at CreativeLive and we all blog.
The beauty of asking multiple bloggers about their experiences is that you get to see that there’s no one right way to build a successful blog.
I enjoyed reading all of their answers and I hope you do, too!