You know that feeling where you’re so proud of something you’ve created but you’re also terrified and on the verge of throwing up because you’re about to launch it into the world and that means people are actually going to see it and judge it?
Hi, I’m April. And, I’m feeling all the feelings right at this very moment.
Since June, Amanda Creek (hey girl…you’re awesome!) and I have been working to redesign my website.
I’d gotten to that place where it no longer felt like my brand. Amanda described it really well by saying that my website felt heavy. Well, the design Amanda has come up with is the exact opposite: it’s light and welcoming and fun.
I’ve fallen head over heels for it and I hope you love it, too.
Once I’ve had the chance to decompress (which will probably take a couple weeks), I’ll write an in-depth blog post spilling all the behind-the-scenes secrets of launching a brand new website with all new copy and a new opt-in freebie (which is a 155-page ebook with interviews with over 50 bloggers and every single page was individually designed–by me).
To celebrate the launch of my website redesign, I have a BUNCH of giveaways planned over the next week (so be on the lookout–some will be via blog posts, others through email and others through Instagram). I decided to do these giveaways to thank you for all the support you’ve given me AND have a way to toss some virtual confetti in the air with you.
Here are just some of the things I’ll be giving away:
- Day Designer
- Bullet Journal Bundle (including a bullet journal, a book on hand lettering, and my favorite micron pens)
- Coloring Bundle (including a coloring book and the 72 Prismacolor colored pencil pack)
- Copies of In the Company of Women and Big Magic
I picked my favorite things as prizes!
For today’s giveaway, I’ve set up a website scavenger hunt.
*You can all thank my best friend, Mayi for that idea*
The first 10 people to email me at email@example.com with the correct answers will win the notepad below by Rifle Paper Company and this giveaway is open worldwide to everyone over the age of 18.
Here are the clues:
- How do I define a creative business consultant? (hint: about page)
- At the bottom of the ‘New? Start Here!’ page there is a picture of me. Is my hair styled in loose curls, in a fishtail braid, or in pigtails?
- There are three testimonials on the homepage. Whose is first?
- What’s the name of my membership program? (hint: it’s all over the new website and has a day of the week as part of the name)
- I created a free ebook, Blogging for Business, to launch on the same day as the website. You can get it by clicking on the ‘Yes Please’ button at the top of the homepage. On page 28 there’s a quote. Who is the quote from?
- What color is the opt-in form (the place you input your name and email address to receive updates for any of you non-tech people) on my blog sidebar?
Good luck and may the odds be forever in your favor!
It’s over, my friends. We’ll be contacting all the winners to get your mailing addresses.
We’ve got our 10 winners! Thank you to everyone who participated…that was a whole lot of fun.
THANK YOU, Amanda Creek for figuring out a way to take a vision in my head and put into a website. You’re talented and funny and caring. It’s been an honor to work with you!