Last year, I published a video detailing my favorite things of 2015 and it ended up being really popular, so I’m recreating the magic by sharing my top 10 favorite things from 2016.
It ranges from my favorite non-fiction book to my favorite candle to my favorite planner. Some are personal and some are business-related.
Here are the links to all the things I mentioned in the video so that you can easily find them:
1. My embroidered watercolor painting: I used this for the cover of my ebook, Blogging for Business.
2. Day Designer: I use this for all of my daily planning.
3. Bullet Journaling: I use this to keep all of my lists, plans for upcoming projects, ideas for blog posts and marketing and more.
4. Grit by Angela Duckworth: If you think success comes from persistence and passion, you’ll love this book. I wish we could make this required reading for all teens, entrepreneurs and parents.
5. Master Your People Skills with Vanessa Van Edwards: I learned so many things from this course including how to be memorable when first meeting someone, how to be a better public speaker and when you should approach someone at a networking event. Attending a conference this upcoming year? Take this course and you’ll feel confident walking through the doors.
6. Tobacco and Patchouli Candle: It’s an intoxicating, warm scent. This is what my house smells like all the time. I burn them every day and I have the reed diffusers of the same scent in every single room.
7. A Color Story App: Stop struggling to edit photos on your phone. This app will make your photos pop with brilliant color.
8. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah: If you like historical fiction with romance, you have to pick this one up. It was engaging and sad and beautiful.
9. Sunday Society: My membership program for creative entrepreneurs.
10. My new website design and Amanda Creek: Amanda did such an amazing job of combining my photos, watercolors and copy into a modern, bright design. Amanda deserves a parade of giant unicorns blowing glitter into the air for the work she did on my website. Love you to bits!
What were some of your favorite things in 2016? Did you have a favorite business book? A favorite course you took? A favorite beauty product? Share it in the comments below.
None of the links above are affiliate links. I want you to know that I genuinely loved every single one of these things.