Normally, I’d tell you a cute little story about how I almost ripped off my husband’s face when he deleted all of my downloads (including a bunch of stuff I had paid for) because he thought it would make my computer run faster and thought he was being a helpful little computer elf.
Then, I would tie that cute story into today’s video and send you on your way to watch it.
I don’t have the patience to tell you the details of that story (including the part where I sobbed for over two hours like the drama queen I can be).
Today’s video is too damn important. (I don’t curse very often at Blacksburg Belle so that should tell you I’m as serious as my dog, Max, when he’s staring down a slice of deli meat.)
Instead let’s get down to business. You need to watch today’s video if:
1. You think you only have time to create content for one social media platform.
2. You’ve never done a live video on Facebook or Instagram (for whatever reason).
3. You think your market isn’t on Facebook.
4. You don’t think social media is very important to your success.
5. You don’t create consistent content on multiple social media platforms.
6. You think you can get by with picking the platform you like the most and creating the type of content you like creating the most.
7. You like me and wanna hang out for 12 minutes while I tell everyone else about themselves (love you too, boo!).
SERIOUSLY…watch the damn video (Sorry for the second curse word–Paris Geller made me do it):
Lemme give you a little wrap up:
Not only is social media not optional, but you have to be on the platforms your market is on and you have to create the content that stands out and works on that platform.
Facebook is NOT optional. Other than email, that’s where everyone is online. That means you have to be there, too. Regular posts don’t work very well on Facebook–you need to do live video, regular videos and ads. Instagram is also HOT right now. You need to create Instagram stories, do Instagram Live, and create videos and visuals for your feed. And, on and on. Watch the video for more details (come on…it’s only 12 minutes).
Social media isn’t going anywhere. It’s going to get bigger and bigger and bigger. Get used to it now. Make it a part of your marketing plan now.
Stop ignoring this pa-lease! You will get left behind.
If you need help getting your social media game on point, check out Sunday Society. We’ve been working on live video the entire month of August. If you register, you’ll get instant access to the replay of the 90-minute workshop along with the workbook. Because social media is so important, we’ll continue to focus on this in Sunday Society. Join us now to stop neglecting such a critical part of a successful marketing strategy.